I was fortunate to attend three prestigious universities of India – Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), Delhi University; Jawaharlal Nehru University and Kolkata (Calcutta) University. Deeply indebted to my teachers and colleagues during education and also at the work places. Perhaps their interactions and mentoring led me to think of contributing to research in some way or other.
I am engaged with applied economic research since as a profession since 1995 Dec. Currently working as Director-Economic Research with Nielsen India. My role is to lead research and solution relating to economics and micro-marketing. Prior to Nielsen, till September 2015 I was working as Chief Economist and Head- Micro-economics with Indicus Analytics Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, one of the leading economic and applied research firm and think tank in India. Before Indicus, I worked for about 12 years with National Council of Applied Economic Research (NCAER), New Delhi, the premier applied economic research organisation of country. I have also worked with Planman Consulting as Principal of Market Research and with MMRSS as Research Director apart from a large number of Indian and international organizations in capacity of Senior Consultant and adviser.
My core research interests include:
- Demand estimation and forecasting – Different industry and infrastructure sectors
- Micro-marketing strategies for business
- Economic impact analysis and policy oriented research
- Strategic decision making for corporates
- Evaluation and monitoring of different economic/social sector schemes and CSR related activities
- Tourism economics and management
- Trade and logistics sectors
- Environment and climate change
- Development sectors including health, education and poverty
Development through sustainable tourism activities is my passion area apart from being one of the core research interests. This blogspace is primarily an outcome of that.
I am looking forward to develop a community of similar minded scholars/persons who will be working together for the cause of promoting sustainable tourism development.
Any and every content of this blogspace is completely my personal opinion and personal research work. In no way any of the organizations I work for or worked for previously, can be held responsible on any content of this blogspace.